Designated Safeguarding Leads:
Mrs Sally Stanley
Deputy Safeguarding Leads:
Mr David Evans
Mrs Louise Sumner
Mrs Jenny McCormick
Mrs Amy Harrold (Acorns)
If you have any concerns regarding the safety of a child, please contact school on 01332 662323. During out of school hours including holidays and weekends, please email: email@example.com. We will endeavour to reply as soon as possible. The Safeguarding Leader on duty will always monitor this email account and respond to emails over the holiday period from parents as well as professionals regarding safeguarding issues.
Alternatively, you can contact Derby City Careline on 01332 786968.
At Asterdale Primary School we are committed to supporting all of our children to do well. We will do everything we can to ensure our children are safeguarded and protected from harm.
If you are you worried about a child?
- If you have concerns that a child is being harmed or living in circumstances that might be harmful in the future, these concerns will always be taken seriously.
- You may be worried about what might happen to you or your family if you report your concerns. When someone makes a call to talk about their concerns, they will always be asked for their name and contact details - so they can be contacted again if needed. However, you can ask for your details to remain confidential, or provide information anonymously.
Other useful numbers
The Police in Derby and Derbyshire
- If you believe that a child is at immediate risk and in need of protection then you should call the Police - 999, immediately.
- Alternatively, if you want advice from the Police and the child is not in immediate need of protection, you can call the Police on the telephone number 101.
Children's Social Care in Derby
- Children's Social Care have a duty team to help you talk about concerns you have and take action to make children safe. The social care staff can always be asked for advice if you are not sure about a situation.
- During normal working days between 09:00 and 17:00 they can be contacted on the telephone number 01332 641172
- At all other times, concerns can be discussed with Care-line who can be contacted on the telephone number 01332 786968
Please do not keep your worries to yourself!
- E-safety is a priority at Asterdale Primary School. The internet is not going to go away so teaching the children about how to use it safely and properly is a key responsibility for us. It is therefore important that we work together as a school community to ensure that our children are kept safe.
Advice for Parents
- It is important that you are aware of what young people are able to do and what they can access on the Internet. You are able to set parental controls to track what your children do and to limit what they can access.
CEOP - Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre is part of UK policing and is dedicated to keeping children and young people safe online. You can click on the sign below to find out more about CEOP. There are links to activities for children, advice to parents and a direct link to report any concerns you have.
- The government has published an advice leaflet for parents and carers on CYBERBULLYING, which you can download below.
- Click here for the Latest NSPCC Campaign and resources for parents - What you need to know to help your children stay safe when using Social Media Sites such as Musically, Snapchat, Youtube, Facebook and Twitter.
SDAT - Stopping Domestic Abuse Together